When you visit our websites, your data is collected and stored using cookies. This page tells you what kind of information is collected, what it is used for and what to do if you prefer not to receive cookies or certain types of cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored via your web browser onto the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. They are used for several different reasons, such as:
- Remembering your login name or settings
- Storing your preferences, so you only need to enter them once
- Tailoring adverts to your interests
Cookies are completely secure and never used to retrieve any personal information such as passwords.
The different types of cookies
- Necessary – These cookies are necessary to browse websites. It is impossible to place orders or make payments electronically without them.
- Functional – Enable websites to save your preferences, such as font and font size.
- Analytics – Collect information on visitor behaviour (e.g. the pages you view most often) to optimise the website experience. They also track your online journey to the site. These cookies are not used to store any personal information that could reveal your identity and all data remains anonymous.
- Advertising – Follow browsing behaviour over a longer period of time across various websites. These cookies build individual user profiles according to their interests. The information then allows advertising networks to tailor online advertising to match these interests, making it more relevant.
- Social – Enables logged on users of selected social media sites to directly share content from this site.
Which cookies does Exact use?
Exact uses each of the types of cookie listed above to optimise the website experience for every visitor, as explained below.
|Description||Why this cookie?||Which type of cookie is this?|
|Eloqua Analytics||Registers each visitor's number of visits, the start and end time of the visit and which site the visitor arrives from.||Analytics cookie|
|Visual Website Optimizer||Registers which variation a visitor saw, what goals were achieved and whether a visitor participated in a multivariate testing.||Analytics cookie|
|Google Analytics||Registers each visitor's number of visits, the start and end time of the visit and which site the visitor arrives from.||Analytics cookie|
|LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Maxlead||Registers which site a visitor arrives from.||Social cookie|
How to stop cookies being placed
Exact always asks for permission to place performance and functional cookies. They are secure, don’t store any personal details or passwords, and help to improve the navigation of our sites. If you do not wish to give permission you can turn them off in your browser. Just click on the relevant link below to find out how.
If you do decide to turn off cookies, please be aware that you may not be able to use all of the services on our website.