At Exact, we are constantly working on developing our solutions. In this way, you will continually profit from improvements and new possibilities when carrying out your work. In this article, you will find a number of the most recent developments.
For example, the Workspaces in Exact Synergy, among other things, are being expanded again with Company Workspaces. And we introduce a new app: the Field Service Q app. From January these and other innovations will be available in the new Exact Synergy 258 and Exact Globe 413 product updates.
What you can expect:
- The Workspaces are a major success and the improvements in this product update make them even more user-friendly. For instance, you can change the tiles to a smaller size, resulting in even more design options.
- From this product update, Exact will support SQL 2016 and SQL 2005 will no longer be supported, in line with Microsoft's support policy.
- In addition, the salary updates for the new year are of course also available to you.
- A new app has been developed: the Field Service Q app, allowing service engineers to no longer be reliant on an internet connection. They can now implement various essential tasks at any time – also on the road, or at an offline location.
The changes named are only some of the total product updates. You can read more about this in FUEL magazine and on the customer portal.
Exact Insights Innovations - powered by Qlik
At Exact, we are constantly working on developing our solutions. In this way, you will continually profit from improvements and new possibilities when carrying out your work. In this article, we discuss the new developments around Exact Insights.
A QlikView becomes Qlik Sense
Exact Insights is the Business Intelligence solution from Exact in collaboration with Qlik. Until October this occurred by using their QlikView product. Since then its successor called Qlik Sense was implemented. This provides a number of benefits, particularly in the area of user-friendliness.
B Ease of use benefits
- The interface is more modern and now has Drag & Drop (see image below).
- Only the most-used functionality is visible – this improves the overview.
- It is now also possible for end users to make adjustments to dashboards/apps.
- It is now possible to present figures directly from the Qlik Sense apps and incorporate storytelling in this way.
C Technical benefits
- Now with responsive design: screens adjust to the equipment (PC, tablet or mobile).
- Thanks to an improved API, Qlik can be connected to other applications more easily.
- More search options with “Smart Search” (see image 1)
D Qlik DataMarket
Do you need to check currency rates, demographic or meteorological data? Qlik DataMarket allows you to easily retrieve this type of data from external sources on the basis of a pay-per-use model.
Get to work quickly with the Field Service app, now also offline.
Exact has recently released a new field service app, the 'Field Service App Q'. This app distinguishes itself from the current field service app because it can also operate offline.
The field service app allows service engineers to record all their service activities in a straightforward way. The app provides insight into the configuration, the associated documents, and information about parts and user manuals of the relevant machines or installations. With the existing app this was only available when the service engineer was at a customer site with an internet connection.
The introduction of the Field Service App Q means that a local internet connection is no longer necessary. All you need to do is carry out a synchronisation prior to the visit, where work and master data, for example, is downloaded. In this way, documents and contracts can also be made more transparent on site.
Besides the service engineer having insight into the planned service activities, the allocated hours and materials used can easily be registered. This offline app also gives the engineer full insight into the configuration details and photos can be linked to the service assignment. After the customer has signed off the assignment, the subsequent actions (emailing the service receipt, PDF of the service report) can be carried out automatically.
This adds a lot of freedom and flexibility to the service processes on the customer site. Not only will the engineers experience this as an advantage, the efficiency and customer satisfaction will also largely benefit from this. When the app connects to the internet again, the transactions can be synchronised, and invoicing and other processing will be carried out automatically.
Would you like additional information? Please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager for a complete overview of the supporting features.
Would you like additional information?
Please do not hesitate to contact your account manager.